The Country Inn is located in Krumville, NY, which is part of Olivebridge in the Town of Olive — about 100 miles north of Manhattan in the mid-Hudson Valley. It is very close to the Ashokan Reservoir, nestled between Rts 28 and 209 (between Woodstock and Stone Ridge). Use this link to see us on the map and get driving directions from your point of origin — or follow the written directions that follow below.
Find us on Google Maps and get directions from anywhere.
General Driving Directions
If you are traveling long distance via the NYS Thruway, go to exit 19, Kingston (or exit 18, New Paltz). Follow the directions from Kingston or New Paltz, below. If you are coming from somewhere in the local area/region, get to one of the starting points below and continue on to The Inn.
From Kingston Rt 209:
1. Take 209 South towards Ellenville approximately 12 miles. Pass through Stone Ridge, pass the intersection to rt 213 and keep going south on 209. Approximately 2 miles past Emmanuels Market place (shopping plaza on left) you will see a sign on the right for Kripplebush, Krumville and Samsonville. This is County Road 2 (the old Samsonville Road). It is not marked in any other way. Lydia's Country Deli is just before the turn.
2. Take the right onto County Road 2.
3. Stay on Rt 2 for approximately six miles. This is the longest six miles you will ever drive. You will pass through several Hamlets as you wind your way up the mountain. Do not make any turns -- just stay on Rt 2 and keep going. The Country Inn is on the right well marked with a nice new sign and a big gravel parking lot overlooking a beaver lake-- you can't miss it if you just stay the course.
From Kingston/West Hurley/Woodstock Rt 28/Rt 28A
1. Take Rt 28 to Winchell's Corners (West Shokan).
2. Take left at Winchell's Corners and go across the damn of the Ashokan Resevoir.
3. Turn LEFT at the end of the causeway road.
4. Follow road as it merges to the right onto Rt 28A.
5. Continue through the Reservoir Office and Maintenance area and follow 28A for approximately 5 miles to ACORN HILL road.
6. Take a left onto Acorn Hill and follow it to the end which is County Rt 2 (about 3 or 4 miles).
7. Take a right on County Rt 2. The Inn is about 100 yards down the road on the right.
From Kingston via Hurley Mountain Road
1. Take Hurley Mountain Road all the way to the end (it's about 12 miles and you get to pass through Lamontville and all the farms along the way).
2. Take a right onto Tongore Road.
3. Continue until Tongore Road ends at Rt 213 (about 2 miles).
4. Follow 213 approximately 4 miles to Rt 2A (the old Krumville Road).
5. Take a left onto 2A and follow it until the end (3 miles) (if you miss Rt 2A you will eventually spill out onto Rt 28A and can take Acorn Hill Road as above).
6. Take a right onto County Rt 2. The Inn will be approximately 1 mile on the right.
From Points south of Kingston (e.g. New Paltz)
1. Take Rt 32 North to Rt 213 in Rosendale through High Falls to Rt 209. Take a left on 209 and follow the directions above from Kingston Rt 209.
1. Take 44/55 (from the Poughkeepsie area) across the mountain to rt 209 in Kerhonkson (this takes an hour but it's a spectacular drive through the Gunks).
2. Take a right on 209 and go approximately 9 miles to County Rt 2 (which will be on the left and labeled Kripplebush, Krumville, Samsonville).
3. Take a left onto Rt 2 and follow the directions above from Kingston Rt 209.
From Points North and West of Kingston (e.g. Phoenicia)
1. Take Rt 28 towards Kingston to Rt 28A (the entry point near Onteora School).
2. Take the right onto 28A. Follow for approximately 8 miles to Acorn Hill Rd.
3. Take right turn onto Acorn Hill road. Follow to the end.
4. Take right onto County Rt 2. The Inn is 100 yards or so up the road on the right.